|Details about Job ID# 26327
||2G - CENERGY Power Systems Technologies Inc.
||Summary / Purpose of Job:
This position requires a unique skill set, and is not the typical field service technician role. Daily duties include the troubleshooting and repair assistance of EPG (electrical power generation) systems, CHP (combined heat & power) technologies, as well as related components such as paralleling gear, relays, protective devices and controls. The technician is required to be analytical, and possesses skills to diagnose possible malfunctions remotely via on-line connection. He assists operators and 1st level support technicians in the field via phone, provides advice and guidance. Regularly the technician is also required to fly / travel to jobsite locations throughout the entire US. He performs preventive maintenance, mechanical & electrical repairs on natural gas and biogas engines, generator sets, and CHP power generation equipment. Occasionally he is also involved in engine overhauls, electrical and mechanical testing and calibrating. The technician frequently works with electrical schematics and wiring diagrams. This function collaborates very closely with colleagues in the factory, system engineers, trouble shooting specialists, and includes various admin tasks, allowing the job holder to gradually develop, and to broaden its operational and management experience.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Performing technical advisory duties on the phone, assisting system operators and regional 1st level field service technicians.
2) Monitoring system performance via remote control on-line, diagnoses technical malfunctions / operator errors, and provides solutions.
3) Answers telephone calls from system operators and field technicians, and provides technical guidance.
4) Direct critical cases that are difficult to solve to appropriate specialized personnel when necessary, as well as respond to questions (both verbal and written) and facilitate responses on complex technical issues; follow up with management to ensure requests are carried out and action is coordinated.
5) Regularly travel to jobsite locations throughout the US to perform preventive maintenance, scheduled & unscheduled service, and trouble shooting, mechanical & electrical repairs on natural gas and biogas engines, generator sets, and CHP power generation equipment.
6) Involvement in engine overhauls, electrical & mechanical testing and calibration.
7) Regularly improve and update product knowledge by participating in educational and product training opportunities.
8) Update technical records, and compile service & maintenance reports.
9) Maintain designated project & service record folders, and practice good record keeping.
10) Contribute to a pleasant and positive work atmosphere where all team members feel important and responsible.
11) Adapt to the diverse needs of a small team and address internal and external requirements with flexibility and creativity.
12) Perform other such tasks as needed and as requested by the President/CEO.
This description contains information necessary to describe and evaluate the job. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work performed, but indicates the kinds of duties and skills expected.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists the Company in any necessary duties to achieve
2. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Limited supervision. Work is performed to a large extent on own responsibility after assignment, with some choice of method. Occasionally develops own method.
Mistakes and errors in judgment are moderate in nature and can be expensive to correct.
Disclosure of Information Selections:
This position involves regular work with confidential information of major importance, which if disclosed may be detrimental to the company's interests.
Financial Responsibility Selections:
Purchases supplies necessary for overall performance, usually as directed.
The candidate must have a strong engine and electrical
background with the ability to display a high level of skill and
understanding regarding internal combustion engines, generator
sets, ideally natural gas engines, but will consider applicants that
have experience with other EPG engine technologies (e.g.
Will also consider technicians that have a more holistic
background and excellent experience and track record in the area
of complex technologies like aircraft engines and turbines.
Be able to complete technical start-up of gas engines and CHP
Independently diagnose and repair power systems.
Basic working knowledge of advanced controls, safety shut-
downs, circuit breakers and control panel wiring.
Must be available to work over-time and occasionally travel on
Must be willing to travel between 50 and 100 days a year.
Must be able to work independently.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and
demonstrated proficiency composing written communications.
Outstanding interpersonal skills.
Excellent telephone skills and computer knowledge.
High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in
conjunction with day-to-day activities.
Resourceful, well organized, highly dependable, efficient and
Must present a positive, professional, and team player attitude.
Must be flexible and able to adapt to change quickly.
Must possess a valid drivers license with less than three moving
violations in the past three years.
German or Spanish language skills would be a great advantage,
but are not absolutely required.
Education & Experience:
High School Diploma or GED as a minimum.
Formal training in reference to engines, complex mechanical &
Preferable a person with some practical training / education (e.g.
apprentice program, etc.)
Technical Degree or Certification (e.g. trade school or EGSA) a
3 to 4 years previous job experience.
The candidate would normally have attained the required skills
and knowledge through completion of adequate coursework /
training, combined with related practical experience.
Microsoft Office software proficiency.
Able to read Electrical Schematics and Equipment Mechanical
Physical Requirements of the Position:
Medium work: Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 5 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
In an 8-hour day the employee must communicate with various customers, partners, colleagues, factory personnel, and must be able to constantly adapt his/her communication style to suit the different cultures.
Vision Requirements of the Position:
Vision requirement equal to that for machine operators, mechanics, and skilled trades people whose work deals with machines such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach.
1. A review of this description has separated the marginal functions
of the position that are incidental to the performance of
fundamental job duties. All main duties and requirements are
essential job functions.
2. All job requirements are subject to possible modification by the
Company as deemed necessary.
3. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this
position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-
related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties
requested by their supervisor.
This job offer posted on JaxJobs 7/19/2012.